Friday, December 19, 2008

Bah Humbug

I guess if I want this blog to be an accurate diary of my life, all entries can't be cheery. I don't know if it's the gloomy weather or all the bad news on TV, (I think I will take a break from news this weekend). I am in a pre Christmas funk, mainly beacause Jim and I who both normally get bonuses at the end of the year, didn't. I know, I know we should plan all year for the holiday spending, but it never happens that way. And I know, we should be thankful we have jobs, but we both worked "over and above" this year and it is just plain disappointing! So I guess my shopping is coming to a screeching halt, we have warned the boys "don't expect much" and they are understanding, although Chris keeps looking nervously under the tree. Things could definitely be worse, but this is my blog. It is interesting how the extra money is never spent on me, it always goes to others gifts, but it bothers me, I guess it is true Christmas is about giving and when you can't give freely, it is just not as fun!

1 comment:

Wenderina said...

I so hear you my friend. Our New Year's resolution this year is to try and live on one income - and bank the rest. Of course everyone says that just hurts the economy more, but it's too frightening not to have a little put away for emergencies.