Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Siblings



My brothers just went on a "Mancation" to Lake Tahoe. I am so happy for them, they both work very hard and surely deserved a wonderful break.
Of course since losing my sister, those old feelings come back from childhood when they had each other and I was odd girl out. I was so happy when she was born and we got the news she was a girl, I finally had somebody just for me! (Little did I know she was a total Tomboy) but as the years went by we became very close. We had some incredible adventures together and had many other trips planned together. An accident stole her from my future, and I have realized now I have to rely on my longtime girlfriends to fill in for her, because there is nothing like having a common history with people. In a few weeks I am going down to reconnect with my "girls" in Florida and just can't wait to see them!

1 comment:

Wenderina said...

I had such mixed emotions with this post (as I'm sure you did) - so happy to see your brothers hanging together and having a good time. It reminded my of a great book I read - "Honeymoon with my Brother" - very good... And of course sweet Julie and how you have gone from being a half of the female siblings to an only girl again. My heart breaks for you all over again.