Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Transition

Yes that's right all my northern friends, school has started in the middle of Summer, that's the way they do it in the South. The boys were ready, or at least they thought they were until the reality of it set in. I was ready for the routine of it all, until I realized my "sleeping in" routine has been disrupted and now I find myself up before dawn packing lunches.


The boys are gone a full hour and 15 minutes before I need to leave for work not, enough time to work out or go back to sleep, doing housework at 7 am is looking like it may become part of my new routine -- ugh.

I always start out the year with great intentions, pack nutritious lunches everyday, get Chris to bed at an early hour, so he is rested, the reality is it is only Wednesday all the lunch meat and bread is gone, we ran out of bananas and Chris hasn't gotten to sleep before 10!

Well here are the first day pictures before reality set in!


1 comment:

Wenderina said...

Ah the best of intentions... maybe you could use that hour to blog? or to go to different local places and take your beautiful photos and...um...post them to your blog? Ok, one track mind.