Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Tough Week

Last week, was one of those life experiences you never want to happen. One of Bryan's friends at 17 years old decided life wasn't worth living and ended his life violently. I think everyone who ever knew this only child and his single mother just cringes in pain. Senseless. Bryan attended the funeral by himself, he didn't want his blubbering Mom with him I guess, I am sure I would not have been able to hold it together, I was already in a melancholy mood since my sister's birthday was the day before the funeral.

I was so touched to hear about all the young men who came to comfort their friend's poor mother, they all really stepped up and tried to help her through this. Not an ordinary scenario for boys on the verge of careless Summertime days. A true life-changing event in their lives.

Rest in Peace, Connor.

1 comment:

Wenderina said...

Oh dear lord. I'm so sorry Chelle.