Friday, April 8, 2011

Signs

I am all wound up with anxiety surrounding my son's impending graduation and college move. I could list all the worries, but I am sure you can imagine, the list is endless. I have been trying to quell my anxiety by working out, listening to music, saying the rosary etc. Well I think the universe is trying to send me a message, if I would only just take it to heart.
Recently while driving in the car the worrying started, and I looked up and the license plate of the car in front of me read "ITLBOK" as my younger son tried to crack the riddle I instantly said oh it says "It'll be Okay" I laughed and took a deep breath.
Then this morning, another stressful moment was upon me: filling out student loan papers, and I turned my attention back to work and the article I was asked to layout was entitled "Fear Not" and explained the concept of nothing ventured, nothing gained. Okay, I am starting to get the message, calm down Michelle, things have a way of working out.
My wonderful parents used to have words of encouragement hanging all over the house and one in particular is the advice I need at the moment: "Inch by inch life's a cinch, yard by yard, life is hard."

No comments: