Friday, March 5, 2010

A Job I Love

There has been a lot of talk lately in our house about career choices, higher education and the like. Mainly because my eldest son is starting to map out his future. It all starts with the questions when you sign up for the standardized testing... what colleges would you like your scores sent to? Well heck if he knows where he wants to go or what he wants to do with his life, he would be content to just hang out in the basement and play x-box.

Jim and I have different plans for him...

I am ready to sign him up for the military, oh except there is a war going on, not as enticing!

He often notices that my job doesn't pay anywhere near what I would like it too (REALLY)! But I can't let him lose the lesson that I, in fact do exactly what I love to do , it is convenient for my mom duties etc., so I compromise, no exotic vacations, or trips to the salon, but also no dread when I get up in the morning, to fight traffic to get to a job I find boring either.

Here is the website to the magazine I design, http://www.townelaker.com/ click on the covers and you can check it out. I did not design the website itself however.

I hope he can find a career that is interesting, the path to it over the next several years will indeed be interesting and expensive, no doubt.

No comments: